2012-10-01

Sing We Now of Christmas

.

Sing We Now of Christmas (website) (AMZ) is a clever idea for a Christmas anthology. It's an advent calendar in book form.

I was charmed by the idea when Michael Young put out a call for submissions, but I decided to participate because all proceeds were being donated to the National Down Syndrome Society. That seemed worthy, so I got to work.

"Stars Were Gleaming" is based on the carol of the same name (all stories in the anthology are based on a carol) and I tried to push as close as I could to the sentimental without making a reader like me cry foul. Which was a delightful change from the frozen Irishmen and piranha lovers and murdered mayors and crazed seagulls I've been publishing lately.

Hoorah for goodness!

It's an inexpensive book for a good cause. Buy it in time to start reading December 1.

(And, writers, he's planning a second volume next year to benefit autism. Submit now.)

No comments:

Post a Comment